Tuesday, August 23, 2005

First day of school...yuck

Well, I started my first day of school which means from here on out I will have to (or at least attempt to) put knitting on the back burner. I only had one class today, but had a lecture and two hour lab for it which I found rather exhausting. The information is interesting, but it's overwhelming. I have to learn names for all these woody plants like Fraxinus pennsylvanica and Tilia cordata. I don't know if those are spelled correctly...but you get the picture. It's hard enough having to remember the five or six we learned today, let alone how many we will have learned by the end of the class. And we have to identify those trees. I'm not really complaining...it probably won't be the easiest course as there will be a lot of memorization, which I'm generally not motivated to do, but like I said it's interesting.

On the knitting front, I started the Branching Out scarf from Knitty.com the other day. I usually don't like patterns that I really have to pay attention to (like this one) but the pattern works up so fast I don't mind in this case; unlike the insanely tedious stole I've been sort of working on. Don't have much else to say about it at the moment. This is sort of a test run that I'm making for myself and am planning on making two out of a mohair yarn for gifts. The only thing I'd like to note about the photos is that the scarf will obviously need to be blocked when done, but otherwise I think it looks pretty good. Also the second photo is the actual color of the yarn. I don't know why the weird yellowish splotches are in the first picture.





By the way, since when can you post pictures in Blogger? I've been trying to figure out how to put more than one picture in a post which I don't think you can do using Hello.

And finally, spider plants do indeed have flowers, as you can see here. (Lots of people don't believe me: as Andy says... never doubt me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home