Monday, August 01, 2005

marooned

Well, my vacation is supposed to be over, but whether I like it or not it has been extended. I started off for Fargo yesterday morning and had to turn back because of car trouble that strangely, but fortunately showed up less than 20 miles out of town. My wonderful mechanic was kind enough to look at it and ended up working on it for about 5 hours, said it was ok to drive for my trip but that I needed to fix the Barometric Pressure Sensor once I got there or the check engine light would be on forever. Tried to start my journey again but car was barely drivable and wasn't accelerating right so had to turn around again and am getting it fixed now. Work seems pretty cool about it, but we'll see how long it takes.

In the meantime I've been having a fabulous time knitting, reading and watching movies. All the things a perfect vacation should consist of. The rest of my week home was really hectic, and although I enjoyed doing so much and seeing everyone, I didn't feel like I'd had much of a break at all.

So, in knitting news, I have finished the Crossed Front Tank except for the ties and sewing in loose ends. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but once the border was on around the neck I loved it. I was sort of shocked that it turned out so well being my first real garment project. Not sure if I'm going to keep the ties on, but I think I'll like it either way. I took a picture of it but I seem to have left the cable for my camera at home so can't actually post it. I've also been chipping away, so to speak, at the stole and afghan. I hate working on the stole now though because I have to concentrate and I just don't want to have to think so much when I'm knitting right now. It is turning out beautifully though. Well, back to my vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home