Friday, August 19, 2005

One (and a half) Skein Wonder



Pattern: One Skein Wonder from Glampyre
Yarn: Classic Elite Wings (alpaca, silk and wool)
Needles: US8 and US5 16" circulars

This was a fun, quick and gratifying knit. The needles were a bit short but I managed to squeeze all the stitches on there. I wasn't about to go out and buy new needles just because the ones I already have were a bit short.

I love the yarn, which I got from Sisu Design in Ely, MN. They're my favorite yarn store - it's a tiny building on a street off the main drag in Ely, but I always find some treasure that's perfect for a project I've been thinking of. They're the most friendly people I've ever encountered in a yarn shop (I think we've all had a bad experience with pretentious snobs working at a yarn store). I also got some Jo Sharp mohair in a lilac and cream color there that I'm going to use for some lace knitting.

Other than knitting I finally got a day off work after ten straight days and am enjoying the beginning of my long weekend. I also have a sick fish and a sick car that have really been stressing me out so it's a relief to have a couple days off before school starts (already?!) next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home