Saturday, August 20, 2005

This is not evidence that I'm ready for winter...



Pattern: Coronet from Knitty.com
Yarn: Lion Brand WoolEase
Needles: US8's

I started this quite a while ago because I had some left over woolease just because I had never made a cable before and wanted to try it out. Then I ran out of yarn (typical) and finally went out the other day and got some more, so I have a huge ball of woolease that I don't know what to do with now.

I used the needles called for in the pattern, except didn't use straight needles. I'm finding after knitting with dpns and circulars for all of my most recent projects that I have come to hate straight needles. They're so much more awkward and hard to hold. Also, I used Fiddlesticks bamboo dpns for the project and have decided I hate them too. They don't even feel like bamboo, they feel like plastic that's supposed to look like bamboo. Plus they have insanely sharp points that stab my fingertips. I guess some people like that though.

Anyway, don't mind the picture; just woke up (I'm actually consciously smiling in the photo, hard to tell isn't it?) and finished this thing and now need to walk down to Ben Franklin to get some more yarn for another shrug/wrap crochet thing I've been working on. Also am going to see March of the Penguins tonight and am really excited. It's finally playing at the Fargo Theater which I've been meaning to go to...I think it's a really cool old theater sort of like the NorShor in Duluth, which I hope reopens by the time I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home