Monday, September 05, 2005

Branching Out



Pattern: Branching Out Scarf from Knitty.com
Yarn: Classic Elite Premiere
Needles: US9

I'm really happy with the way this turned out. I'm sure the pictures here have been pretty boring gray and brown lately, but I have been trying to use up left-overs, and am glad I used the extra Premiere I had for this. I used two left over skeins plus a little extra that I found laying around. The yarn was perfect for this scarf as it has such great stitch definition and it's so soft and cozy!

I also started a second scarf with the Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Kid and I'm really not sure if I like it or not. On a black background the colors look interesting and you can easily see the pattern.



On any lighter background, however, especially white, you can't hardly see the pattern at all. The colors still look nice, but it seems that it's not worth the total pain in the ass this yarn is to knit with for the leaf pattern when you can't even see it. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm really torn. This is supposed to be a gift and in a way I like it, but is someone who doesn't know the hell I went through to knit this thing going to appreciate it if they can't really see the pattern??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home