Saturday, October 15, 2005

Frill Stole



Pattern: Variation on a Frill
Yarn: Sandnes Mandarin Petit
Needles: US5 circulars

I don't know what to say about this thing. It took 4 months of tedious stitching to complete. It's soft, I like the color, I like the beads but I'm left wondering how (with what, where) does one wear such a thing? I suppose it's warm around the shoulders, or I could wear it as sort of a scarf. I'm at a loss. Like I said, I like it, but I have a feeling this project is doomed to spend it's green, Egyptian cotton life in the finished pile.



Here are a couple of close-ups. Above is the body pattern. It's a little misshapen in the photo, but it looks sort of like a honeycomb pattern. The frill is below with the blue/green beads I used. I think if I just washed it the unraveled stitches would straighten out? I'm way too lazy to wash this thing and lay it out to dry. I'm sort of anti block. Can you even block cotton?



I'm happy it's done, and like I've said there are things I like about it but I feel after 4 months this FO is a bit anti-climactic. I'm not sure what I'll be working on next, I have a koala with head and torso that's begging for appendages. I have some new yarn added to my stash (which is building up by the way; how naive it was to think that I was immune) and have some plans for it but really need to get cracking on some Christmas gifts which I've ordered yet more yarn for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home