Saturday, October 22, 2005

Seeing green



Pattern: Textured Throw from Simple Crochet
Yarn: Mainstays (shut up)
Hook: G

I love how this afghan turned out. It's soft and I really like the color. Naturally it took forever. I started it around Thanksgiving and just finished it this week. My goal was to finish before Thanksgiving this year so at least I've accomplished that. It didn't actually take that long to make, I just got bored with it at times and had to put it down.



Here are a couple close-ups of the texture. I love how it feels, it's so comfy. I like the way it looks in the book with the linen yarn as it has better stitch definition, but who can afford that? You just can't beat paying less than $15 for a decent acrylic, which I really think this yarn is, that you can machine wash. There's no way I would ever hand wash an afghan, it's just impractical.



Other than that I've been managing to get out of the house more and do things that aren't school or work related which has been very nice. Last night we went to see the Corpse Bride which I found a little disappointing. The animation was lovely, but the story was weak. I'm just not a big fan of Tim Burton. I think he's an artist, but his stories tend to be so sappy and cliche; a sort of macabre version of Capra-corn.

I also saw Wallace and Gromit last week which I loved! Makes sense as I'm obsessed with bunnies. The end was the best. I won't spoil anything but I will say that Lady Tottington is definitely a woman after my own heart.

Well, I'm off to spend the weekend knitting. Some of the yarn I ordered came in yesterday, it's fabulous...I wish I could say more about it and the project it's intended for but I'm afraid it's a secret for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home