Wednesday, November 30, 2005

One Step Closer

Well, today was my last day at my job. It was a little sad; I'll miss the guys I worked with. But I'm also really happy because driving to work on an icy, snowy county road in North Dakota every day totally sucks.

In knitting news, I have been working steadily on Christmas things and bought some new yarn to make Andy a hat. I was completely shocked by him the other day when I woke up: after having been up all night he was asking me about how feasible different combinations of knit and purl stitches in different rows would be and how it would look. I showed him examples of what he had designed in Mary Thomas's Book of Knitting Patterns and he was a little disappointed that his ideas weren't totally original. I, on the other hand, was thoroughly impressed as I don't think I would have thought with such originality. I'm a bit jealous to be honest, he's never knit a stitch in his life but he's more of a designer than I am. I've completely corrupted him.

And I will be restarting Frostrosen, this time with terrifyingly small size 0 needles. Since I am now unemployed, some good progress with pictures should be reported here in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home