Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sunny Day, Sweepin the Clouds Away


At any one time I have about two channels on the TV that work. One is invariably PBS, so during lunch breaks I get my fair share of Sesame Street when there's nothing but infomercials on Fox. And I still love it.
Anyway, since it's such a yucky, cold, rainy day I thought I'd post a nice sunny flower to at least brighten up the blog.
I've been negative lately in more areas of my life than just knitting as I've been stressed about the last semester and moving...stressed because it can't all come to an end soon enough. I mean I can't wait to get the FUCK out of here. No offense to ND natives, or people currently living here, but this place is horrible. The best thing about living here is the appreciation it's given me for Duluth and I can't wait to go home. This week I've finally realized that after this week I will have a mere three weeks left at my job, and five left at school until I graduate and MOVE. It's finally making me happy.
Eating right and exercising might help my mood too. Yesterday I had a late night "meal" of croutons, an old fortune cookie (it said I'll be more successful than average in business...hmm..), and an apple with carmel. The day before I had macaroni and cheese without milk and candy bars for dinner. In case you didn't already know, water is not an appropriate substitute for milk in mac and cheese. What the hell is wrong with me?? I'll cook something good this weekend, honest.
On the knitting front I've been working on the koala and afghan while trying to figure out what to do about the dreaded pink yarn. I can't wait for Christmas to be over so I can start working on some things I really want for myself. I'm dying to make a pair or two of socks (everyone else is doing it), but don't have time or yarn. By the way, I notice a lot of people are going the toe-up route. Is there a distinct advantage in this method or is it just another way of doing things? I also can't wait to work on some of the beautiful mittens from Nordic Fiber Arts. Specifically Frostrosen and Nordasno. I'd like to start knitting sweaters as well, I'm planning on something like the Big Sack Sweater from Stitch n Bitch except knit in the round, and with a different neck, and ribbing at cuffs and hem...so basically I just want to do my own thing via EZ and use the cable from the Big Sack pattern. Also I'm really thinking about Klaralund, all the ones I've seen online have turned out lovely and I think it's something I would really wear. It would be cool to knit that in the round, but I don't know what it would do to the stripes. I think it's worth it to try anyway, especially if it'll save me from seams.
Finally, it seems that I completely forgot to post the pattern link with my finished shrug (which I like now by the way) so I will post it now. I got the actual pattern from here, there's a link on the right side for the Craftster Circular Shrug. And here's the link to the thread with pages and pages of information about this pattern and how it came about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home