Saturday, July 01, 2006

Raglan Sweater

Pattern: Sure-To-Fit-Pullover (free pattern from spincraft)
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease
Needles: size 7 denise's and dpns, US5 dpns

I've been knitting for two years and have finally finished my first ever sweater. I'm not sure what I was hesitating for, it was so incredibly simple. Top down raglan definitely seems the way to go for someone like me who abhors seams.



The only modifications I made to the pattern were the length of ribbing at waist and wrists and seven rounds between each decrease round on the sleeves rather than five. The first arm I made was just too tapered and tight around my forearm to be comfortable.



My favorite things about this sweater are it's simplicity and how cozy it is. I can't wait to wear it this fall.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first sweater! You're lucky it fits. My first sweater was big enough to fit 3 people. LOL

2:05 AM  
Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

So cute! I love the color. Finishing your first sweater is a really big deal, congrats!

4:17 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Thanks for the comments! It truly was a relief to have my first sweater completed and not a total disaster!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Wow your first sweater looks great. Way to go.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow it looks great! I can't wait for fall, either, so I can wrap up in a nice cozy handknit sweater :)

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home