Friday, July 14, 2006

Trying to stay cool

The weather has been brutal this week and in spite of temperatures that defy even Lake Superior's cooling effect, I have been working steadily on, of all things, an afghan. One of my good friends is getting married in August so I decided to see if Afghans on the Double would live up to its name.

Cutting the time to make an afghan in half for me should mean that it would take approximately 6-8 months to complete. Yet I have completed more than half of the Luxurious Wrap in less than three weeks. Miraculous indeed.



Here is a photo of my progress so far. If I can discipline myself and continue doing about five rows a day (I'm so sorry wrists) I think I can definitely finish it in time to give to my friend. And then a new knitting project all for myself and with no deadlines.

3 Comments:

Blogger Partly Cloudy Knitter said...

Hi Katie, I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did. Your afghan is beautiful! I'm glad to see that you both knit and crochet! Me too! AND ... your little bunny just reminded me of our Coco (RIP). He was much bigger than Itsy, but he was a big part of our family for over 6 years. And I still miss him.
Thanks for the memories!
Cathy in Maple Grove, MN

8:13 PM  
Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

I knew you'd love afghans on the double! Very pretty throw.

5:36 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Thanks for the comments! Cathy, I'm sorry about Coco, I know what its like to lose a pet. They truly are family members and friends; at least we have our wonderful memories of them!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home