Monday, August 07, 2006

Luxurious Wrap



Pattern: Luxurious Wrap from Afghans on the Double
Yarn: Peaches and Cream 100% Cotton
Hook: Size N 9.00 mm

I made this afghan for my good friend Dana and her husband Brian for their wedding last Friday. I completed this project in about five weeks and sewed in the last ends and took photos of the finished afghan on Friday morning before I had to leave to get ready for the wedding!



Above is a close up of the stitch pattern and picot edge detail. I think the edge is what makes this afghan so pretty. Unfortunately the pictures just don't do it justice.

Because I made it with cotton it is a bit heavy. Personally I prefer heavy afghans, especially during our cold winters, and the texture of the cotton crocheted fabric has a really neat feel to it.



Aside from the afghan the wedding was lovely. Above is a photo of my bridesmaid bouquet and the goblet each of the wedding party received. Dana was my first close friend to get married which felt a bit odd, but I am so happy for her. Brian is such a good person, and so good to her. It's rather exciting to see such wonderful people starting a life together.

2 Comments:

Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

This is beautiful! I would not have thought to do it in cotton, but I love it!! Doesn't the Afghans on the Double pattern make you feel super quick and accomplished?!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

The afgan is beautiful. If the pictures don't do it just, I think I would know what to say.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home