Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ene's Scarf

Pattern: Ene's Scarf from Scarf Style
Yarn: Blackberry Ridge Lace Weight Silk Blend (2 skeins)
Needles: Denise Size 7



I completed Ene's scarf about two weeks ago and finally blocked it this week. I have always hated blocking, but with this project I finally realized what blocking can really do. I was a little disappointed in how small the scarf turned out, but in blocking it transformed into something really lovely and it easily stretched to the proper size. The yarn is luxurious, very soft and warm and inexpensive. Below is a detail of the bottom edge leading to the center point.



I want to wear her out of the house, especially with how bitterly cold it has been here, but I have a strange and irrational fear that the minute I do she will come unblocked or be ruined somehow. Maybe it's because I've never knit a lace project of this magnitude. I'm finding that I love to do lace work, I think it's becoming my favorite. It's relatively stress free and the results are almost always beautiful and elegant. I love cables and other textures as well, and I think color knitting is the most impressive, but lace just seems to fit for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

Lace is the most impressive to me! This is gorgeous, you should wear it everywhere!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Beautiful!! I love knitting lace too. It is quite addictive

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home