Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Birch



Pattern: Birch from Rowan No 34
Yarn: Kid Silk Haze - Cream - 4 balls
Needles: Denise size 8's

The reason why I haven't posted in so long is that for months I was chipping away at Birch, which was a birthday/wedding present for my mom. I gave it to her on her birthday, and just blocked it this past week. As I type it is on its way to Alaska where she will be wearing it when she gets married.



I thoroughly enjoyed knitting Birch. The pattern is quite easy to remember and, although repetitive, I love it's simplicity. I now understand "kid silk crack." This yarn is so soft and ethereal, makes a gorgeous transparent fabric and is incredibly enjoyable to knit with. It is a bit of a pain to rip back, I made few mistakes, but found them easy to fix by laying the shawl flat and ripping out rows when necessary. The stitches grasp onto each other and when ripped the stitches on the previous row stay in place well making it easy to reinsert the needle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

That is really beautiful. I sure your mom will love it!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home