Monday, September 17, 2007

Irish Hiking Scarf

Yarn: Lion Cashmere Blend
Needles: size 8 bamboo dpns and cable needle

I finished my first IHS over a month ago and have finally gotten around to taking pictures and posting it. It ended up about an inch or two shorter than the pattern because I ran out of yarn, but I'm happy enough with the length. The only thing I did differently from the pattern was that I ended on a row earlier than 7, maybe 4 or 5, so that the edge I finished on looked more similar to the beginning edge.

I really enjoyed this project. It went quickly and the pattern turned out nicely with the cashmere blend yarn. It's extremely soft and warm, and I can't wait to wear it this winter.
I'm also over half way done with my second Frostrosen mitten which I have been working on for far too long. I'm hoping to finish it within the next week or two, time permitting. I've been extremely busy as I'm going to school part time now and working full time, so I'm splitting the little free time I have at night between knitting and reading. Progress has been slow, but steady lately. The fall is definitely putting me in the mood to knit more though, so hopefully I'll be getting more projects done more quickly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Super cute scarf! Love the weight to it.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home