Saturday, November 03, 2007

Frostrosen in Red



Pattern: Frostrosen
Yarn: Rauma Finullgarn
Needles: US 0 dpn's

This is my second pair of Frostrosen mittens, and while I loved how the first pair turned out, I'm afraid knitting this pair may have started a Norwegian mitten obsession.

I've also fallen completely in love with Rauma Finullgarn. It is so enjoyable to knit with, it has this basic, authentic quality that makes you feel like you are really knitting. I don't know how else to explain it. The fabric is dense and comfortable and the colors remain incredibly crisp and clear.



This pair turned out a bit snug, which I personally like, but I did have to alter the pattern for the thumb a bit. I had to lengthen the thumb by about 4 or 5 rows which made for a much more comfortable fit. I think if I'd used size 1 needles the pattern would have fit comfortably as charted. Regardless, I love them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinifer said...

Those are really very lovely.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home